Welcome to the home of one salty man.
- Alibaba doubles down on Lazada with fresh $2B investment and new CEO March 19, 2018Alibaba is increasing its control of Lazada, its e-commerce marketplace in Southeast Asia it acquired control of in 2016, after it injected another $2 billion into the business and replaced its CEO with a long-standing Alibaba executive. Alibaba’s first investment came in April 2016 when it bought 51 percent of Lazada for $1 billion, and […]Jon Russell
- Andrew Yang is running for President to save America from the robots March 19, 2018Tom Goodwin Contributor Share on Twitter Tom Goodwin is EVP, head of innovation at Zenith Media and the co-founder of the Interesting People in Interesting Times event series and podcast. More posts by this contributor The battle for consumers gets physical (instead of virtual) In the new age of ubiquitous connectivity the message is the […]Jonathan Shieber
- Report: Police are now asking Google for data about all mobile devices close to certain crimes March 19, 2018According to a new report from Raleigh, N.C. television affiliate WRAL, Google might have quietly helped local detectives in their pursuit of two gunmen who committed separate crimes roughly one-a-half years apart. How? According to the story, Raleigh police presented the company with warrants not for information about specific suspects but rather data from all the […]Connie Loizos
- Video console death: US boy, 9, 'kills sister, 13, over controller' March 19, 2018The girl, 13, was shot in the head in Mississippi after refusing to give up the controller, police say.
- Texas explosions: New Austin blast 'may be tripwire-activated' March 19, 2018Austin police say the explosion, following deadly parcel bombings, may have been tripwire-activated.
- Spielberg hails 'watershed' Time's Up March 19, 2018The director praises Time's Up saying it's "more important than any of us can ever really realise".