Welcome to the home of one salty man.
- Twitter will give political candidates a special badge during US midterm elections May 25, 2018Ahead of 2018 U.S. midterm elections, Twitter is taking a visible step to combat the spread of misinformation on its famously chaotic platform. In a blog post this week, the company explained how it would be adding “election labels” to the profiles of candidates running for political office. “Twitter has become the first place voters […]Taylor Hatmaker
- Apple will add government App Store takedown requests to transparency reports May 25, 2018Apple’s set to up the ante with its transparency report. The same day it dropped the latest version of the twice-yearly document, the company committed to including in future updates government takedown requests for the App Store. The report covering July 1 through December 31 of this year, which is due out in 2019, should […]Brian Heater
- Former journo Alexia Bonatsos unveils her new venture fund, Dream Machine May 25, 2018Five years ago, Alexia Bonatsos, née Tsotsis, was co-editor of TechCrunch, a job that made her renowned in startup circles and familiar with a wide number of startups and their founders. What she really longed to do, in fact, was invest in some of them. “I was among the first people to write about Pinterest […]Connie Loizos
- What will director Danny Boyle bring to James Bond? May 26, 2018Will it be a case of Bond, James Bond or will 007 find his Martini both shaken and stirred?
- Harvey Weinstein released on $1m bail over rape and abuse charges May 25, 2018The former film mogul was charged with rape and sexual abuse after turning himself in to New York police.
- 'Wolf-like' creature shot near Montana ranch puzzles experts May 25, 2018State wildlife experts are seeking DNA analysis to pinpoint the mysterious creature's species.