Welcome to the home of one salty man.
- The Detroit Auto Show is finally moving out of the cold July 23, 2018The Detroit Auto Show—otherwise known as the North American International Auto Show—is moving its annual event out of the cold confines of January and into the warm embrace of June starting in 2020. The move aims to reverse an exodus of automakers that have opted to showcase their upcoming products at tech-forward shows like CES held […]Kirsten Korosec
- PayU acquires Zooz to take on international payment services July 23, 2018A week after PayPal led a $50 million round in the cross-border payment specialist PPRO, one of its big competitors in the developing world has announced an acquisition of its own in the same space. PayU — the payments division of Naspers that is sometimes described as the PayPal of the developing world — has acquired […]Ingrid Lunden
- Tesla reportedly asked suppliers for cash back to help it reach profitability July 23, 2018In an unusual move, Tesla reportedly asked some suppliers to return part of the money it’s paid them since 2016, including for past work. According to the Wall Street Journal, which reviewed a memo Tesla sent to a supplier last week, the electric auto maker said it is asking suppliers for refunds to help it reach […]Catherine Shu
- Toronto shooting: Deadly attack in Greektown district July 23, 2018A gunman opened fire on a busy street, leaving one person dead and 13 injured, police say.
- Brush fire burns in Californian hills July 23, 2018Windy weather and tinder-dry grasslands fuelled a brush fire in California.
- American student makes 3D arm for County Durham girl July 23, 2018Student Edward Whipple made the arm after seeing a Twitter appeal by Chloe Smith's mother.