Welcome to the home of one salty man.
- Crunch Report | Google and Tencent ink patent agreement January 20, 2018Google inks a patent deal with Tencent, Tile lays off 30 people and Apple hires the tech team from Silicon Valley Data Science (SVDS). All this on Crunch Report. Read MoreKhaled "Tito" Hamze
- Yes, cities should indeed fight for tech jobs January 20, 2018Few events have jolted the urban planning crowd quite like Amazon’s process for selecting the company’s new second headquarters (dubbed HQ2). The company put up a massive carrot of 50,000 jobs and $5 billion in investment, and then proceeded to demand proposals from cities across North America (lovingly written up by Clickhole). Perhaps unsurprisingly, Amazon […]Danny Crichton
- Spend a week fielding sensitive HR complaints in ‘Grayscale’ web game January 20, 2018If you’re looking for a way to close out your week that’s entertaining, edifying, and looks like you’re doing real work, check out Chimeria:Grayscale, a game where you act as an HR person dealing with everyday office problems via email. Okay, maybe it doesn’t sound that exciting, but there’s more to it than that. Read […]Devin Coldewey
- US shutdown begins as Senate fails to pass new budget January 20, 2018Many federal agencies will close as Republicans and Democrats fail to pass a short-term budget.
- US government shutdown: How did we get here? January 20, 2018The US has begun a government shutdown for the first time since 2013. What is going on?
- US musician Tom Petty died of 'accidental drug overdose' January 20, 2018His family believes he was overusing prescription medication when he died in October, aged 66.