Regional What the Fuck Awards
Announcer: The nominees for the 2011 Mid Atlantic What the Fuck Awards are:
- Johnny D. Guillen Pimentel aka as the Mystery Slasher, what the fuck would cause a person to want to take a box cutter and slash at women’s asses, they are for caressing, not cutting.
- DC Council Chairman Kwame Brown not only did he order a fully loaded Lincoln Navigator at the tax payers expense, but he turned it away because he didn’t like the interior color, what the fuck was he thinking, oh and he ordered another one, so now the city has two overpriced luxury SUV’s paid for by taxpayer dollars.
- Virginia Governor McDonnell, a douche I voted for, April of last year he reaffirmed the glorious history of the South’s rise to power, and it’s ideological conquest of those heathens against God…what the fuck? Why in the year 2011 after the gubernatorial tradition had ended with the two previous Governors did this smart guy decide to bring it back, you guessed it he brought back April as Confederate History Month, not Civil War Month, but Confederate History Month. Maybe he can move to Germany and run for Chancellor, and institute Prussian History month.
- Daniel Snyder as Owner of the Washington Redskins…What the fuck…do I need to say more?
- And Louis Kim, while cooking incurred a second serious injury, this time leaving a sharp 12 inch knife on his countertop with the but hanging over the edge of the counter, and then using his signature Kim Monkey toes picked up a dirt rag, and while slightly losing his balance bumped the handle and had the knife cut his thumb across the entire finger. What the fuck?
Announcer: And the winner is Louis Kim!
Louis Kim: I would like to congratulate the other nominees without whom my own stupidity could not be measured, I look forward to one day impaling myself with door to my stacked dryer, or perhaps sticking my finger down the sink as the disposal is running. Thank you everyone for your support.
Yeah, so I spent part of the evening in the ER with a cut finger which required 7 stitches. Not happy about it, and pissed off about it, I think if I die in a stupid way I want my headstone to just read “FUCK!”
After an unintended four day break, I knew this morning I would have to give it everything I had just to get back even for the week. Fortunately for me Ian had the same idea, apparently his contribution to my Fight Gone Bad fundraising came at a price, because now he wants to make sure I perform well, so the workouts over the next few weeks apparently will build up to FGB.
I warmed up doing 100 jump ropes, and 10 kettle bell swings, to kettle bell press, 1 rep equaling one of each kettle bell movement. From here we went right into the workout.
- Frankestien Kettle bell swings with 45 lbs kettle bell down to the bench, then 20 chest presses with 50 lbs dumbbells
- Frankestein Kettle bell swings back to the pull up bar, followed by 50 jump ropes.
- I did the above for three cycles.
- Then 10 V-sit ups and 10 splats.
Two minutes of rest.
- One handed standing dumbbell row with 50 lbs dumbbell 10 reps per side
- Sumo Deadlift High pull with 50 lbs dumbbell 10 reps per side
- Thrusters 10 reps with 20 lbs dumbbells
- Push-ups with Bosu
- I did the above for three rounds
- 10 V-sit ups, and 10 splats.
- Two Minutes of Rest
- A ladder of work up to 5.
- Kettle bell Swings
- 10 X the number of jump rope.
- Started with 1 rep each and 10 jump ropes, then 2 reps and 20 jump ropes worked up to 5 reps and 50 jump ropes.
- 10 V-Sit ups and 10 splats.
After this workout I was soaked and overcooked. I went back to my place took a shower, and rested for my 12 pm session of Crossfit.
Today’s Crossfit class involved doing overhead presses during the power lift portion, and a metcon which involved doing push-presses, back squats, and jumping rope.
When doing the overhead presses I ended partner with Rich, who has been a Cross-fitter for 3 years. He’s strong, and pretty good at doing double unders with the jump rope, I’m hoping to work up to his ability with the jump rope.
The work for the overhead presses was prescribed as 7 sets of 1. I did all of my work at 135 lbs, which previously was my 1 rep maximum.
I have video below of my first and last press.
When it came time for the metcon I decided I would use 115 lbs to do the push presses, and squats. We weren’t using wracks for the metcon so you had to lower the bar from the last push press into your squats.
The work was the following for time:
- 10 Push Presses
- 20 Back Squats
- 50 Double Unders (I did running man)
The start of this video there is about 3-4 minutes of waiting for the timer to start, so I would fast forward a bit.
It took me 7:46 to finish the work. I know I picked the right weight because I was able to do it but it was a challenge to finish the last set, I originally planned to do the entire thing at 95 lbs, but I’m glad I had balls and stepped it up.
Fight Gone Bad
Thank you everyone who has donated so far, I am getting closer and closer to my goal. I am now only
$675.00 away from my goal.
If you don't know already…
I'm Invovled With Fight Gone Bad! A CHARITY WORKOUT WHERE YOU RAISE MONEY FROM PEOPLE YOU KNOW! SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD HELP ME!!
Fight Gone Bad is a workout named by an MMA fighter who when finished with it said it was like a fight gone bad, and Crossfit has dedicated a day this month for all Crossfit affiliates to get together and do the workout while raising money for three charities.
Fight Gone Bad Consists of:
The following five exercises for one minute each, with a one minute rest between rounds and three total rounds.
- Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
- Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
- Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
- Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
- Row: calories (Calories)
The charities invovled are:
The event is supposed to be on the 17th of September, yet my affiliate Potomac Crossfit is holding the event on September 24th 2011. In an effort to overcome feeling like a fat guy I am going to do the event.